Sunday, May 3, 2009

Sunday at Imperial Treasure and Hanabi


We spent a relaxing first half of the day at home, clearing the to-do list that has been growing. After a simple lunch, we headed down town to buy Chubbs' some baby sunblock and Fuzzy needed to get some blank DVDs. We also joined Chubbs' GrandAunts at Taka's Imperial Treasure for dessert and snacks.


"Talk to the hand, please."

Despite having lunched, we tucked into bolo yau (they have the best in S'pore, with a slab of butter 1cm-thick!), egg tarts, egg white souffle balls with red bean, and Fuzzy even had beef brisket noodles. Greedy! Chubbs sat and played with the new toy from his pseudo GodPa, A, practised his splits and was amused by the smiles and waves he was getting from the tables around.



We went home for a short rest after purchasing the necessary, and were off shortly to pick my parents up for dinner. It is an early Mothers' Day celebration for my mum and my folks chose to go to Hanabi at King's Arcade. If you're not familiar, it is a Japanese a la carte buffet, which includes sashimi, grilled skewers, teppanyaki, tempura, etc.

Chubbs had missed his nap, so I was prepared for him to be grouchy. He surprised me, and happily chewed on his teether for the most part of dinner, busied perfecting his splits (again) and played peek-a-boo with his grandies.



Kissed by daddy and carried by PorPor.

When Chubbs started fussing, I gave him his bottle, which he takes while still kicking and flailing his arms around. This boy just can't keep still. It's a struggle to keep the bottle in my hands everytime I bottle-feed him.



As far as food goes, the quality of the sashimi is very good considering it's a buffet, but the cooked dishes are hit or miss. My brother, Niel, and Fuzzy enjoyed their garlic fried rice too. There is a good variety of handrolls, and Fuzzy liked the negi toro one. We had several rounds of chawanmushi, that came in tiny pots, lots of saba shioyaki, and grilled shitaki mushrooms, which my hubby and I love.

Another happy foody Sunday!