Friday, May 29, 2009

Mango


Chubbs has been enjoying his peas mixed with banana/ apple. I'm pleasantly surprised. It's time to move on to mango; the one we had was sweet, juicy, fragrant and just plain yummy! I love giving him soft-fleshed fruit like this because there is barely any preparation involved. Just cut into chunks, remove the skin, pass through a strainer, mix in rice cereal and breastmilk, and we're ready to rumble.

Chubbs wouldn't open his mouth when I approached him with a spoon, so I held a piece of the fruit for him to gnaw on instead. He seemed fine with "eating" mango off my fingers (I think he only tasted a bit of juice).



Then he took one mouthful of the mango and cereal mix, and vomited. It was that bad. I don't know why. I tried giving him another bite, and he got so frustrated that he rubbed his eyes until his face was sore and red :(


"I don't want no more!"