Sunday, May 31, 2009

New Lunch Haunt


Fuzzy sometimes surprises me on weekday afternoons by popping back home for a quick lunch with me; I'm thrilled to bits everytime that happens :) He usually packs us Subway or sushi, but recently, the choice meal has been a wrap, a fruit salad and ginger beer from Cold Storage Speciality at Tanglin. I've wondered what the place is like, since I've never been there. So for a relaxing lunch today, the three of us headed down, and tucked into roast beef wraps, fruit bowls and Saspirilla in their al fresco dining area. This is our new chill-out spot!


"Wraps make me drool..."


"Gimme fruit!"

It is not a large supermarket, but it's design is more chic than your average Cold Storage, and stocks a larger selection of wines, cheeses, dips, cold cuts etc, with a fresh wrap/ sandwich counter. I bought some organic milk, rocket pesto, and parmesan sticks that were on offer :) And it so happened that there was an organic market set up outside today. We pottered around, and I was glad to find some organic peaches for Chubbs; something I've been searching for.

I love times like this with Fuzzy and Chubbs. Makes me feel like I'm on vacation :) When we reached home later that evening, I spent Chubbs' nap preparing Fuzzy's packed lunch for tomorrow. I used the rocket pesto that we bought, and made a pasta salad with penne and Parmesan. And I also found time to bake some almond and butterscotch granola for Fuzzy and I to snack on this week. I'm a happy (greedy) mommy!