Sunday, May 10, 2009

Ling Zhi, Popiah and a TOOTH!


It's not Mothers' Day unless you share a meal with your mother. Fuzzy and I did just that. For lunch, we treated my M-I-L to Ling Zhi at Liat Towers. Point to note here is, that I DISLIKE Chinese vegetarian food. I do not understand the concept behind it. If you feel like duck... eat duck! If you'd love some pork... eat pork! If it's fish you desire... you guessed it... eat fish! Why would you choose to eat coloured flour instead? It befuddles me. Yet there are people out there (like Fuzzy and my GrandMa) who actually claim to like the taste of gluten. No comment.

Nonetheless, we chose this restaurant because my M-I-L is not keen on most meats. And since it's a day to celebrate her, the carnivores (i.e. everyone else in the family) went along for the ride. All the dishes tasted the same to me. Each had some form of vegetable, tofu and mushroom and every last sauce that drenched the food was sticky, starchy and salty. The only consolation, no mock meats. It is an understatement to say that it was not a satisfying meal for me, but thankfully there was a pack of double-coated TimTams awaiting their fate at home.


Mirror shot.

The fun thing at lunch was that it was the first time we are feeding Chubbs his semi-solids out of the house. Surprisingly, he finished most of what was prepared, despite the distractions. And he was a very good boy for sitting in his high-chair all through the meal.


"I love squash! Yum!"

We came home for Chubbs to have his siesta, while I trim Fuzzy's hair. It's been in need of a cut since a long while ago. Fuzzy felt much more comfortable after I was done. Then it was out of the house again, this time to my mum's for popiah.

It was an extended family gathering, with my grandies, my aunts and uncle around. They were excited to see Chubbs, and I think it overwhelmed him a little; he was not his most cheerful :/ Anyhow, the popiah was delicious and we rounded off the meal with Royce and Sins chocolates, and a scrumptious, homemade pumpkin and walnut cake.

I saved the most exciting part for last. Chubbs' first Mothers' Day gift to me is... a TOOTH! Fuzzy was the one who noticed it when Chubbs was crying because of we-don't-know-what. Right smack as he turned 8months, he decides to sprout the bottom right incisor.


Say ahhh...

It's about 1mm above the gums now. Not much of a tooth yet, but we are still going to get Chubbs a toothbrush! It's literally... a brush for his tooth. Heh.