Saturday, May 23, 2009

Peas Please


Not a favourite of many, I'm sure. But it's recommended as one of babies' first foods because it's mildly sweet, mushy and very few are allergic to them.

I'm a believer in frozen peas. I think that when they are flash-frozen at their prime, they are "fresher", sweeter and more nutritional than the fresh ones in the market. Those probably were plucked when under-ripe, travelled miles before landing in the supermarket, and waited days for someone to pick them up. Besides, frozen peas are so convenient. I put a little water to a rapid boil, snipped the bag open, poured in some peas, bring water back up to the boil, wait two minutes, scoop them out, blitz them with the hand blender, and they are done!


He was in a good mood before tasting his dinner.

Then he tried some.


He took a few courteous mouthfuls before making this face.


Fuzzy and I could not stop laughing and decided not to torment him any further. Poor boy!