Monday, March 30, 2009

Post-Fall Chubbs


I'd like to say a big "THANK YOU" for every phonecall and kind sms that I've received over the past couple of days. Thank you for caring about my little Chubbs, and frequently reading his blog. Thank you for showing love and concern to our family. Thank you for all the re-assurance that babies are hardier than we think. Most of all... 1) Thank you to all the aunties and uncles for the horror stories and confessions of having dropped our cousins and nephews on their heads when they were infants. Katie, if you're finding out for the first time reading this, I'm very sorry to have been the one to break the news to you. 2) Thank you S, and self-proclaimed "godfather" A, for voluntaring the information that they fell out of bed as babies. Their claim to fame? That they turned out "alright". Heh. My sincerest appreciation.

"Thanks guys!"

After 48-hours, the post-fall Chubbs seems... well... the same! The family expected him to be a little shell-shocked from the accident and hence be subdued for a while, but... no! He's still as fiesty, sweet, crawly, playful, hungry, loud, drooly, cuddly, talkative, cheerful, poopy, fearless, splashy and cheeky. Thank God!

Enjoying his avocado breakfast.


Am I relieved? Urm... I don't think I'll stop holding my breath for the next 30 years. Will this affect him in Kindergarten? Will his intonation and articulation of speech be compromised because he hit the right side of his head? Will he be less intuitive? These questions and more are continually ringing in my head. But I guess the answers will only come later. Meanwhile, we are still watching out for vomiting, loss of appetite, grogginess, loss of motor dexterity, change in temperament and so on.

Chubbs is still head-butting my face, crashing into the rails of his cot, and trying to tunnel his way through my tummy with his head, etc. Sigh. Fuzzy and I are seriously contemplating getting Chubbs a mini crash helmet. Chances are, you'll see me at Canterbury this weekend... buying him a baby scrum cap.