Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Hai


It is affirmative that Chubbs' first word is "hai"; a very breathy "hi". It took us a while to ascertain if he was consienciously saying it, or it was his regular babbling. After a few days of repetition, we have concurred that our son has indeed started speaking proper. He says "hai", or "heh" when you acknowledge him, when he's trying to get your attention, to his toys, when he hears the word "hello" said anywhere, and when you say "bye" to him.

Chubbs has also learnt (on his own) how to wave while saying "hai". He has been spotted slamming his arms up and down when his little cousin Tres is leaving, and many times giving his special wave together with his hellos when he daddy returns from work or when trying to get us to talk to him. We didn't consciously teach Chubbs this, but he must have picked it up because I always wave and say hi to him when he's being held by someone else and I spot him looking in my direction. I do it just to tell him that I'm nearby and I know he's over there... never expecting him to catch on. I have probably done this at least 10 times everyday, for 6-months now. It's comforting to know that our efforts are not in vain. I'm eager to hear his first "mama" and "dada". Take you time, buddy.


"I'm King of them all!"