Monday, March 23, 2009

Moonlit Crawls




Chubbs has been officially crawling for a week plus, and he surprises me everyday with how fast he can squirm. I'd leave my mobile on the bed to go get his toys, far away from him, thinking he can never reach it. Next thing I know, he's chewing on it. All the time still holding on to the stuffed toys he was playing with. It's as if he had no time to put them down before launching for the phone (because Mommy will be back soon), so he dragged his friends along for the ride.



Fuzzy and I also noticed that Chubbs has developed a new hobby over the past few nights. He has mastered the art of sleep-crawling, and it all happens within a matter of seconds. He literally pushes himself up from his tummy sleeping position, stays on all fours for a few seconds, shuffles his hands and knees a little, then keels over into his foetal sleeping position; his eyes tightly shut the whole time. He's so proud of his new crawling prowess that he feels compelled to practise all hours of the day (and night). Fuzzy and I always have to contain our laughter for fear of waking him up. Beyond cute!