Monday, March 2, 2009

New Job and @


I love March! I am officially full-time mom to my almost 6-month old son. This is the happiest I have ever been, though I never thought I'd opt to be a domestic administrator. I tendered early February and have been serving my notice through garden leave. For those who don't know, I was slave to a bank for the past two and a half years. Working 12-hour days, weekends, and clinching that extra deal was top priority. Life revolved around customers, numbers, revenue, etc. It was never enough. I always needed more.

I started slowing down once pregnant with Chubbs. Sure, I still took the train to work every morning, travelled to meet Fuzzy for lunch, ran all over the island to sign deals... But I cut down on weekend hours, and did not meet customers after 7pm, to let my body rest (meaning- eat) and spend quality time with Fuzzy.

Since Chubbs came along, life became simplier. Fuzzy and I figured that there was no point getting paid to work in a job that wasn't gratifying, to pay someone else to do a job that I love and want to do.

So here I am... stay home mom. Fuzzy is pleased, because I promise him lovely packed lunches like we used to have (we brought lunch from home to work everyday- they were delicious). Over the past month, I have been able to deliver 50% of the time. Usually, his lunch bag consists of a sandwich/ noodle salad, a sweet treat (usually a home-baked muffin or cupcake), a snack (veggie and dip), and maybe some fruit/ juice. His current favourite lunch is grilled spicy pork sausages with lemon-scented mash.

More importantly, he can have peace of mind when at work and focus on his job, knowing that Chubbs is well taken care of. I am excited about my new designation... I fear it's going to be the toughest one yet.

 "Go Mommy!"

p.s. I've decided to change my alias to Greedy Mommy. Since I'm no longer Little (thanks to Chubbs), or Miss (thanks to Fuzzy). But I am still, and forever will be... Greedy. So, there!

 my daily jar of cookies :)

 swimming and coffee-ing!

p.s. These are photos of me when I was 4-months preggers :)