Saturday, October 3, 2009

Yoghurt and Bubbles!


I'm currently at the stage of slowly introducing diary to Chubbs, and next on the list was yoghurt. I eat natural yoghurt almost everyday for breakfast with home-made granola and milk, so I always have a tub of either Greek or European yoghurt kicking around.

I mixed some into Chubbs' pomegranate and blackberry blend for breakfast a few days back, and he didn't seem to mind it as much as he did with cottage cheese. No fondness for it, but no repulse either. He ate it as unwillingly as he eats everything else. That, to me, is a victory :/ As I've mentioned, his eating situation is dire.

We let Chubbs play in a bubble bath before his milk feed and bed every night. He really enjoys that time of day. Yesterday, I took my eyes off Chubbs for a second as I washed my hands. I turned around, and he was eating the bubbles. Despite our best attempt, he wouldn't stop.

"I prefer bubbles to food, any day!"

Then he moved on to scratching his bum-bum :/

He has recently learnt how to bathe himself. We taught him the ASL sign for bathe, and he has been scrubbing his torso clean everyday since.

He has also learnt how to comb his hair. Problem is, he isn't actually combing his hair since he's using a brush. But he associates the word "brush", with "toothbrush". Hence, if we ask him to brush his hair, he'll do the action of brushing teeth instead. So, we'll stick to the term "comb" for now.