Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Baby Corn


Recently, Chubbs has been insisting on feeding himself, and wouldn't eat if I fed him with my fingers or cutlery. So I've been thinking of new foods that I can allow him to self-feed without making too big of a mess. Yesterday, I steamed up some organic baby corn for his dinner. The snag is that even after 25min of steaming, the corn was still crunchy. I stopped the cooking for fear of destroying all the nutrients in the veg, and gave some to Chubbs to try.

To my surprise, he liked it and managed to eat some despite it being crunchy. The problem is, that Chubbs has this habit of dissecting everything to the smallest possible piece before eating it. Imagine a piece of broccoli... he peels off each individual floret before eating them one by one. Same for baby corn. He plucked at each nano kernel before popping them in his mouth. The total amount of corn he eventually ate (after 30min) was about 1cm worth. Sigh.

"Keeping trim so that I can model with my shirt off."

After his dinner, we headed to SICC for our meal with my F-I-L and Chubbs' Tai-Gong. Because we are always the food-finishers, Fuzzy and I ate till we could hardly walk straight. While we were stuffing our faces, Chubbs was busy ignoring his toys, and watching Tiger play golf on TV (to my F-I-L's glee).