Saturday, October 17, 2009

Deepavali + Dim Sum + Gruyere


We found a novel way to tote baby around.

After breakfast this morning, we headed to Fuzzy's Purdue pal's place across the road to join in their Deepavali festivities. Chubbs was very "chill" as we were chatting with D, and his guests. He simply lay back on my lap, watched the goings on, listened in quietly to the conversations, and ate his snack.

Getting sleepy in his new umbrella ride, before lunch started :/

Lunch was dim sum with Yee at Guild House. I know I've said it before, and I say it again. The food here is good. Couldn't fault any of the dishes we picked. Except that they could provide home made chili sambal/ balachan instead of the bottled, commercial sort. An interesting thing that happened was when we were leaving and Chubbs said bye to one of the waitresses. She commented that it was nice to see him again, and even remembered where he sat the last time we ate there. It was a good few months back, and we were surprised at her memory.

As mentioned before, Chubbs only eats what he can feed himself now. Meaning, I can't feed him with a spoon, or even with my fingers. So this makes it difficult for him to eat any fish (flaky), he wouldn't eat his chicken or beef and is highly sensitive to egg :( Fuzzy and I headed out to look for some cheese for him instead. My previous attempts to feed him dairy products have not been successful. He is repulsed by cottage cheese and not a fan of yoghurt. Since my hubby and I love Gruyere (which has the lowest sodium content amongst the hard cheeses- hence, very suitable for Chubbs), we picked up a wedge for ourselves, and would feed Chubbs some if he looked interested as we ate. We cut the Gruyere into small batons for him to pick up easily and feed himself. To our great surprise, he liked it. And polished off what we gave him. We limited the amount he ate because we didn't want to overload his system with too much sodium at once.


I'm way happy that I can finally get Chubbs to ingest some protein, however minute the amount. I'll repeat this exercise tomorrow, and let's hope this was not a fluke.