Sunday, October 25, 2009

Waffles and Mr. Shadow


We usually cook something nice on Saturdays for breakfast. And yesterday, it was waffles; because I craved them. Can anyone tell me where I can find good waffles in Singapore? None that I've tried so far have made me want to go back for more. The solution? We make our own! Like we do with everything else, really.

After some whisking and mixing (organic unbleached flour, vanilla sugar, Meiji fresh milk, eggs, baking powder etc.), the batter was ready for the waffle iron. Fuzzy was tasked to cook the waffles while I feed Chubbs the first part of his breakfast as we waited; a banana and a spelt pancake. The kitchen smelt so good as our waffles were being cooked :)

Ta-da!

They tasted phenomenal; especially with some salted butter and pure Canadian maple syrup. But I don't know if I'm biased because my hubby slaved over the iron for quite a while, cooking them, or because they were just really very good. Fluffy, fragrant, simply more-ish. Anyhow, Chubbs liked them too, and we ate 2 cups of flour worth of waffles! For the uninitiated at baking, 2 cups of flour normally yields about 12 large muffins. Can you imagine the gluttony displayed that morning? :/

After breakfast, Chubbs did his usual post-meal run-around, in his home sandals and Thudguard. His current favourite toy is the remote control, and he was happy to finally lay his hands on one.

It was very cute to see his shadow following him around, and the Thudguard casts a very adorable one at that.

Fuzzy and I were commenting that just by looking at his shadow, we can tell that Chubbs has something naughty up his sleeves.