Monday, August 31, 2009

Back at the Same Spot


Got a new post out quickly to overwrite the one before :/

One of the reasons why I think our family is boring, is because we ate at Riders Cafe yesterday again. Of the millions of restaurants in Singapore, we choose to go back to the same place over and over. But if it ain't broke, don't fix it right? Well, the primary reason why we eat there so often, besides the fact that Chubbs loves seeing the horses up close, is because it is just across the road from us, and this bunch of friends that we met live around our area too.

Fuzzy's Purdue pal, Nick, his wife Suet, and 13-month old Caitlyn are in town for a couple of weeks. We joke that sweet Caitlyn is Chubbs' ABC (American-born Chinese) "girlfriend", as the family resides in Washington D.C. So we caught up with them and another Purdue friend, Eve, and her boyfriend, Eric.

The food was good as usual. I devoured a stack of very decent pancakes with berry compote, maple syrup and butter. Fuzzy had his second favourite order of steak sarnie with fries. But the highlight of the afternoon was definitely when the babies played together. We put them side by side to interact, and as to what happened next? I think I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.


In short, little Caitlyn wanted out. Fast. And Chubbs thought that was hilarious. I pulled him aside, told him sternly that he had to treat Caitlyn gentler, like a young lady, and gave him another shot.

He learnt his lesson. They stood togther, hung out and chatted to Caitlyn for a while. It was adorable hearing them babble to one another. Very nicely done, buddy!


Anyway, I think Chubbs is getting cheekier/naughtier as he grows older. When the waitress came by with our food, he reached out to touch/squeeze/pinch her bum-bum (to my shock and horror). This was repeated a few times over and he did it with a squeal of joy at every instance too. He even tried the move on darling Caitlyn! Gasp!


Fuzzy just sat back with a smug look on his face, going ,"That's my boy." I'm starting to wonder what my husband has been teaching my son when I'm not looking. And is Chubbs following an example? If so, who's? I'll give you one guess.