Friday, August 21, 2009

1,2... 5,6 and a Nosebleed!


Chubbs took his first two unassisted steps last night. They were teeny tiny steps that I would have missed if I even thought of blinking... but I caught them! He's standing very steadily on his own and clapping for a week now, and after last night's preview, I'm sure he'll be up and running in no time because the exponential rate at which babies grow and learn is startling.

"Why walk when I can crawl? I get around faster!"

Lately, Chubbs has been eating quite well, but he refused all his meals yesterday. Fussing in the highchair seemed out of the ordinary. I was getting very frustrated throwing all his food away :( Then as he was playing and laughing later, I caught a glimpse of them! Two new teeth crowning! Numbers 5 and 6! So far, his teeth have been popping out on the dot as Chubbs grows a month older. When he turned 8-months, we got the bottom two incisors. When he turned 10-months, the top two incisors appeared. We are just shy of 12-months, and these decided to come out of hiding early! Good on you, Chubbs! You got this teething nonsense out of the way, and you'll have the appetite to eat your birthday cake when the time comes.

"I'll have more chompers soon!"

On a not-so-great note, I was woken by Chubbs this morning, tapping at my cheek, pointing at something on the bed. I brushed him off once, but he was relentless. I opened my eyes reluctantly, and was horrified to see blood streaming down his nose! He was pointing to more drops of it on the bed! I yelped, called for Fuzzy in the loo and tried to stop the bleeding. Chubbs thought I was playing peek-a-boo with him because I was putting a towel to his face, and he kept pulling the towel off and laughing. Didn't help matters. Thankfully, the bleeding stopped on its own after a while. Has anyone heard of a baby nose-bleeding? This comes as a complete shock to me; never knew it could happen. Fuzzy nosebled a lot (he got his cauterized), and I still nosebleed often (up to three times a day!). So I guess it's inevitable that Chubbs inherits this. Sorry, Little Love.