Wednesday, August 12, 2009

More Food, More Cake, and Buckwheat Puffs


If you can bear the thought of this, we had another feast at dinner last night . It's my M-I-L's birthday, and my F-I-L is a firm believer of eating noodles on birthdays. So he bought home beehoon, yee meen, sang meen, and horfun (all pronounced in Cantonese please, because I don't know what these noodles are called in English) to give variety to longevity.

Pre-dinner fun... standing without support!

Chubbs got a new snack at dinner too. Organic buckwheat puffs, which he liked very much. These puffs are good because they are small, good for practising his pincer-grasp, and melt slightly in the mouth. Perfect for little Chubbs!


Dinner ended with our 5th birthday cake in four days (minus the cakes on the dessert table at the buffet). The default cake at any occasion is Anderson's Danish nougat ice-cream cake. But one cake never suffices. Last night, we had three; default + black forest + Belgium Chocolate ice-cream cake... compliment from our aunts, who jump at any opportunity to buy cake.

We sang Happy Birthday with Chubbs (the only Grandson in town) on my M-I-L's lap. Chubbs doesn't know how to blow candles out yet, so the cakes remained saliva-free, for a change.


They were delicious, and as usual, Fuzzy and I overate. In an attempt to erase some of our guilt, we went for another stroll this evening.... with my M-I-L in tow too. It was lovely when the breeze blew and Chubbs was entertained by our property-centered conversations the whole way. I'm really proud of Fuzzy... if this walking phase keeps up, I'm sure inches will be lost soon :)