Monday, September 6, 2010

"Huff Puff" Part 3


After having Chubbs' friends over for lunch yesterday, we had another dinner celebration over at my mum's with close family members. The food was great, with my Grandma's signature ngoh hiang (fried pork and prawn rolls), my mum's mee siam, my aunt's home-made guo tieh (pot stickers), and lots more goodies. After the food, Chubbs got to open the prezzie from my parents. He loved it to bits, toting it around and blowing a tune wherever he went. Like a updated version of the pipe piper, since the family followed him around.

Very pleased with his gift.

Solo performance.

Duet with Ah Gu.

When he was finally willing to take a breather and let go of his new toy, we got to the main event of cake-cutting. I baked him a banana cake, with peanut butter frosting on the inside, and completely covered with dark chocolate ganache. It was a lot of work, but decadent. Chubbs especially loved the train set that I used as decoration. He sang "Happy Birthday" to himself, and repeated, "Huff, puff", as he blew the candles out.
Eyeing the trains on his cake.

Playing with his decorative trains (again) with little Uncle Colin.