Thursday, September 9, 2010

Happy Second Birthday, My Little Love.


Chubbs is two. I never expected this day would come so soon; I'm lost in a jumble of mixed emotions. Every year that passes is a celebration, a milestone and Chubbs has been blessed with good health and a family that loves him beyond anything.

We planned a day that we thought would make him the happiest. So he opened the pressies that his friends gave him at his party, and spent the morning playing with the great new toys. After a simple, yummy lunch of his favourite cheese, pasta and fruit, he took a nice nap to prepare for the fun to come later.



Dinner was just the three of us, at Chubbs' favourite restaurant, Shimbashi Soba. Nothing fancy, nothing exotic, just simple hand-made soba, which he ate a decent portion of.
Smile for soba!

Playing with the iPhone before the food.


Slurping away happily.

With our tummies filled, we drove to pick up his favourite vanilla bean ice-cream cake, and headed home for dessert.

I'm sure its apparent how much he loved his birthday cake.

It was time for the boys to play after the cake's been put away. And I take my hat off to my father-in-law for being able to organize a proper ball game between four (bordering on) hyper-active boys.


Three against one :/

The night wound down late, and he enjoyed his special day to the max, only resting at about midnight. Throughout the day, I've been contemplating the words that would make this post. But I've been drawing a blank on how I could ever do this little guy justice. To put it flat out, he is a fun-loving, good-natured boy, who loves aeroplanes, helicopters, cars, motorcycles, construction vehicles, dogs, singing, dancing and cooking. He has an infectious laugh/ chuckle that he shares easily, and his cheeky demeanor puts smiles on strangers' faces all the time. He is extremely affectionate, warm and full of love, and adores giving and receiving hugs and kisses. He goes up to kids in the mall pats them on the back, and sometimes hugs them too. I couldn't have asked for a better boy and he has made the world a happier place for me.

Happy Birthday my little darling!