Sunday, September 5, 2010

"Huff Puff" Part 2


I was really excited to let Chubbs have a party of his own this year, since we didn't have any of his toddler friends over for his first birthday. He was so thrilled when his friends started arriving, and to my surprise, there weren't too many major fights over toys.

Friends gathering around; eating, playing, chatting.

After lunch, everyone gathered round for the cake (banana with chocolate ganache and peanut butter frosting), and looking around, I came to the realization that my son is now old enough to appreciate friends. What a difference a year makes. He's even singing along to the birthday song now. My baby is growing up too fast for my liking :/
Playing with his cake decorations after.

I think he had a lovely time, and it'll be something that he'll remember for a long time to come. That in itself makes all the effort put into organizing, cooking and baking worthwhile. Thanks to everyone who came, and I hope you enjoyed yourselves over lunch. The only boo-boo I made was that I forgot to give out the party favours when our guests were leaving. So now, I have a whole bag of party treats to Chubbs and myself :/