Sunday, September 6, 2009

Birthday Bash No. 2


Chubbs' second birthday gathering was held at my mum's, with her family over for the party. She labored over the stove for hours to make mee siam, yam fritters and rojak, my GrandMa made savoury pumpkin cake and kueh Kosui, there was also satay and much more! Yums!

We arrived a little late because Chubbs napped for longer than usual. We decided to cut the cake first and so that my Grandies can head home earlier to get some rest. I baked Chubbs a lemon cheesecake, and he was very pleased with it.


He's been doing a good job with cake-cutting too; holding the knife steady in both hands.

My brother's first ang-pow for dear Chubbs.

But baby was happiest when he got a colourfully-wrapped prezzie from GrandMa and GrandPa. He clutched it tightly for almost every picture after receiving it.

He loves his Great-GrandPa so much; always tugging at his shirt/ or patting his shoulder to get him to play with him.

But the night's celebrations left both my Loves knackered. They sat like this in front of the telly for quite a while, as I packed up leftovers for the next day.