Wednesday, January 13, 2010

He's Well and Good


The first few nights were rough. It's most difficult to watch your baby cry, know exactly what he wants, and also not be able to give him that very thing. He usually ends up falling asleep in my arms or with his face buried in my pillow (Mommys' scents bring comfort to little ones).

But the nights have been getting better. It takes slightly more than an hour for Chubbs to fall asleep without nursing and he sleeps through most of the night now (oh no, I'm jinxing it!), even though he still sits up in bed, whining/ crying when hounded by nightmares quite a few times every night. We say soothing words, stroke his back, pat his bum, hold him, and eventually, he'll flop over onto one of the pillows and put himself right back to sleep. Can you say, "Trooper?!"


I have noticed some changes in behaviour during the day, though. He is more attached to me now than before. He'd rather I carry him, than walk; which is very strange for a toddler. And he seems content sitting on my lap on the patio to share a snack. Just a week before, it would be almost impossible for him to sit with me for merely a few seconds. I guess he's getting less time with Mommy during the night and has learnt to make up for it by being closer to me in the day. I'm not complaining, but my back and arms are surely getting more toned from toting around his 12-kg frame.