Thursday, January 21, 2010

First Taste


Chubbs started eating Natures Path's organic millet and rice breakfast cereal with milk recently, and it seems to be the only thing he willingly eats nowadays (apart from blueberries), and he will happily take this three meals a day if I allow him to. So instead of mixing the cereal with organic milk, I mixed some formula to go with his crunch for snack.

I put the formula in a fancy cup; he first took a sip of it neat, made a disgusted face, and hit the cup away when I tried to feed him more. I thought he'd like it better if I gave it to him with his favourite cereal. To my surprise, he spat the cereal out! Not even his favourite snack can trick him into swallowing a teeny bit of formula. What do I do?

I tried some of it; it is sweet, with a metallic taste. It's not to my liking either and there are definitely better tasting drinks out there. But he has to drink this stuff once I stop breastfeeding him (which is going to be very soon). So I'm left with no choice but to keep at it and pray very hard that he takes it soon.

In his cute pull-ups.

His response when I asked him, "Who's handsome?" last night.

Just a few minutes ago, when he was napping. He's lost some, no?