Saturday, February 14, 2009

I Heart You


I don't care for Valentines Day. Fuzzy learnt this the hard way last year :/ Sorry again, my love. Nonetheless, an unexpected turn in events has made Feb 14 an important date in our calendar.

"Good on you, daddy!"

We celebrated by heading out to a Spanish dinner. This place is great because it is always quiet, nearby, reasonably priced, and they serve Jamon Iberico (aka Pata Negra), which is the cured ham of free-range Spanish black pigs that only eat acorns. I had it the last time we were there, and it was melt-in-the-mouth good (swoon).

on the way to dinner

Because Fuzzy has been unduly concerned about his waistline, we gave the Jamon (50% of each slice is pure, white fat) a miss. We ordered the usual Spanish suspects and wine. Food was tasty and the wine was surprisingly very good. The meal was adorably punctuated with sounds of Chubbs blowing raspberries (his new skill), and his loud conversations with everyone around (trying to out-do the restaurant din).

Today was also the first time we unveiled Chubbs' stroller. He was previously unable to use it because it was meant for kids one year and up (aka kids who can sit up). But since Chubbs has become more stable upright, we decidedly to let him try it out. He alternated between sitting in it and on our laps, all the time checking out the dinner commotion, studying how we eat and playing with his toys.

"I don't mind my pram..."

"but I prefer mommy's lap!"

Fuzzy joked that I was double-booked tonight. It is a blessed feeling... I have been converted. Valentine's is a beautiful time to remind my better half and darling son, that they are loved, and that they make my life complete. I heart you (and you).

my two LOVEs