Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Happy Birthday Gong-Gong and Tai-Gong!


We had a busy weekend, celebrating my dad's and Fuzzy's grandad's (TG) birthdays (both 25th Feb).

For TG's 85th birthday, we threw a BBQ for the extended family at home on Saturday. The spread was excellent! We had 200-day grain-fed beef and pork chops from Huber's Butchery, grilled sambal stingray, prawns and squid, lots of lovely salads, garlic bread and the works (kudos to my SuperWoman M-I-L). After which, we had Anderson's ice-cream cake, chocolate chip crepe cake, and Balmoral's butter-cream cake for dessert (FYI, there's always cake in our house). Predictably, we over-ate.

"I love my Tai-Gong!"

Sunday lunch was heaps of left-overs from the BBQ, and for dinner, I treated my dad to Peach Garden at OCBC building (on the 33rd floor, the view is fabulous). The food was good as usual (we were last there over CNY), even though they got our orders wrong a few times. The service over at their Novena branch is definitely better. There were a few other baby girls there that night, and Chubbs lost no time in making friends.

Checking out the girls.

He was well-behaved through the first half of dinner, but got restless after that. He needed his beauty-sleep, and it was past bed-time.

"Let's go home, mommy!"

So off we went, with our weary baby in tow. We ended our yummy weekend with a very shrieky car ride. To soothe my ears, I had left-overs from Peach Garden for lunch the next day. Heh. Time to rest our tummys now.