Sunday, January 18, 2009

Our First Family Dinner


Fuzzy and I try to do date night once a month. Actually, it is a bigger deal for me than it is for him. Since I don't step out of the house during the weekdays (except for evening walks with Chubbs), it's nice to dress up and head out into civilisation occasionally. Plus it's great to be lovey dovey with each other again, and take a breather with a glass of wine.

We usually leave Chubbs at home with his grandies and pick a restaurant that we haven't tried around our area, so that we don't have to be away from our baby for too long. But yesterday, we decided to let him join us on our excursion to a Japanese restaurant in Bukit Timah Shopping Centre. Fuzzy happily noted that this was our first family dinner together :)

I expected it to be a quiet place for a Saturday night dinner because of the location. Turned out, there was a party of 20 celebrating a birthday, and at least 15 other patrons in the little restaurant. So Chubbs got a bit more stimulation than what he bargained for. Despite that, baby was well-behaved; either fiddling quietly with his toys in the pram, or sitting on my lap watching restaurant operations.

We enjoyed ourselves thoroughly, and I think Chubbs had fun too, judging from how he was smiling and playing with the staff and other customers. To ease baby into the dining scene, we'll pick less crowded, hole-in-the-wall places to eat for now. Then maybe in a few months, we can tackle dim sum on Sunday morning :/

Bring me along, please? I promise I won't cry.