Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Lunar New Year

 
 Gongxi gongxi...

Here's what CNY was probably like for barely 5-month old Chubbs (in his own words)...

1. Mommy carries me to a place I've never been, I go through the door and immediately get swamped by about 10-30 giant strangers, all of them shrieking excitedly at me. I have no idea what they are saying, and why are their voices so high and loud?
2. They take turns to carry me and bounce me on their laps. Being passed around from one giant to another makes me feel like my feed is coming back up :(
3. Then I get poked in the cheek and chin incessantly. Think they are trying to get me to do something. What could it be? This hurts!
4. The giants make this loud noise when they slam their hands together. They keep doing it! Am I supposed to be amused?
5. I'm sleep-deprived. My romper is drenched with sweat. I pooped. This is uncomfortable. Help!
6. I see mommy! I see mommy! Come get me!
7. Oh no... who's this taking me and bouncing me on her lap again?! My diaper feels squishy :(

Wash, rinse, repeat x 7 houses over the past 2 days

 A well-deserved break!

I stopped to think what it was like for Chubbs after I came home on after the 1st day of visiting and collapsed on the bed, dizzy with a splitting headache. We had gone on for about 10 hours straight. The heat, noise, travelling etc., was almost too much to handle. Don't get me wrong... it was great catching up with relatives and introducing Chubbs to them, but it was just too tiring. I was worried for Chubbs because he missed almost all his naps due to the tight visiting schedule, he didn't have his "potty" to poop properly in, and didn't feed too well with all the distractions around. Through all that, Chubbs was accommodating and he did not cry once. He played, laughed and talked to everybody around, soaking in all the festivities, only to crash in his car seat later on. Fuzzy and I are so proud of him. Really wonder how he does it.

 Out cold for 2 hrs!

In all, we had an action-packed CNY, with more activities to come over the next two weekends. Fuzzy and I were aching today from all that trotting around. Chubbs recuperated at home today with his toys and slept (and pooped) to his little heart's content.

 Let me sleep!