Sunday, October 3, 2010

The First Day


Today was the first day in almost 25-months that Chubbs didn't nurse all day; he's been too sick to even raise his head. He's been running an above 39-degree fever (highest around 39.8) all day and hasn't the appetite for anything. Not even breast milk.

Fuzzy and I have been sick since a week ago. My throat is still so sore I can hardly drink water and I've been crazy coughing non-stops for days. And Fuzzy's nose has been leaking like a tap; it was inevitable that he catches the bug from us. Moreover, he had just endured a bought of fever and flu a couple of weeks back, and then was plagued with hives for a week. And last night, he vomited all his dinner in the middle of his sleep. My poor son was so out of it, that he didn't do anything today except snuggle against my chest, and read his favourite Elmo book.

We are very worried because Panadol doesn't seem to have any effect on Chubbs. After a dose of Panadol, his fever still stays around the 39.5-degree range. His body's flushed red from the heat, and complains that it hurts when we hug him. It completely breaks my heart.