Friday, October 15, 2010

Just Him and I


While my aunt is out setting some personal record for hitting the most European cities for work over the next three weeks, I'm car-sitting for her (i.e. I'm borrowing the car for three weeks).

So on the days that Chubbs doesn't nap, and if the weather holds, I've been thinking of out-doorsy things to do with him. One day, it was the hort park. But the shade-lessness of the playgrounds there, paired with the heat of mid-afternoon sun zapped us of all our energy within an hour or so. Nonetheless, he still had fun because the park was devoid of children and he had the three playgrounds all to himself.

Then a few days later, we took a drive to Dempsey, with plans to hit Go-Go-Bambini. But I got there 45-min to closing (I thought they closed later), and found out that the fee for Chubbs since he turned two, was $17.50. It was previously $6 for toddlers below two years of age. The play plan got aborted because I didn't want to rush him through the place and have to stop him playing just 45-min later.

The next better thing was (I actually think this trumps Go-Go-Bambini) to head next door and have me, oops I mean Chuubs, some Ben and Jerry's. He devoured the entire scoop of vanilla, plus the waffle fan :/

We headed back to Dempsey again soon, this time to give my mum a lift back from work, and also to give Chubbs another look at his school next year, St. James Kindergarten. Yes, my baby is starting pre-nursery. Boo :( My heart is aching just typing this.

He had a ball running in and out of the playhouse they have. He loves playing house.

It's been fun hanging with you, my little Love.