Thursday, April 23, 2009

Hawaiian Papaya


I requested for my F-I-L to buy Chubbs some Hawaiian papayas the next time he sees some because I don't see any in the supermarkets. I choose to give baby these as opposed to the bigger-sized cousins because I think they are more hygenic to prepare. Just cut open, spoon out and discard the seeds and slice with a paring knife; minimal contact with hands. For Chubbs' dinner last night, I mashed the sweet flesh and added some warm water to it.

Chubbs started out strong; taking a few cautious mouthfuls. He might have thought it was squash because it was a pale orange colour, just like butternut squash. After the third bite, he decided that he has had enough, and proceeded to purse his lips and drum on his tray table.



Abort plan! So I offered pureed apples with milk and vanilla cereal instead, to which he greeted with an open mouth. Sigh.


"I win!"