Friday, April 3, 2009

And The List Grows...


I've added bananas and apples to Chubbs' list of "Foods to Try Again Later". He has recently decided that he doesn't like apples and bananas afterall. The meal-time battles over the past couple of days have been interesting. He will push the spoon away, purse his lips, slam his hands on the tray table, hit the bowl, moan and give you the pitiful look. Not a pretty sight.

When I first fed pureed apples and mashed banana to Chubbs, he lapped them up. I initially attributed this change in appetite/ taste to the bump on the head or the jab he had. But after a while, I had to try something different. I hate wasting food, but yesterday, I threw away all the apple puree (I mixed it with milk and brown rice cereal) in his bowl and started from scratch. I know that when all else fails, go back to the basics. So I put brown rice cereal and water together (the plainest meal you can get) and Chubbs ate every last bit of it. He was happy again.

This morning, I tried to trick him into eating his apples by first giving him some butternut squash (his no. 2 fav), get him hooked on it, then quickly mix in some apple. He ate well when it was just the squash. Once he smelt the apple, he wrinkled his nose and shut his mouth tight for the next 15-min. Sigh. Fuzzy and I think that the very sweet foods might be overwhleming for Chubbs now, since he is not used to extreme flavours yet. I'll go supermarketing tomorrow to see what other bland foods there are to cook for him.


"I'm keeping this here, in case you try to feed me the A and the B!"