Thursday, April 30, 2009

Golden Kiwi


There were some golden Zespri kiwis kicking around the house, so I thought I'd let Chubbs try them to see if his appetite would perk up. They were nicely ripened and sweet; the perfect way to up his Vitamin C intake and fight that dreadful viral infection (kiwis have three times more Vit C than oranges). One thing to note before giving this to a baby; although kiwis are not highly allergenic, they are very acidic. Sensitivity to the fruit could appear in the form of rashes around the mouth.

I strained the fruit to get rid of the seeds, mixed in some breastmilk and vanilla custard cereal. Chubbs actually fancied the dish and ate heartily. Oh joy!


"Yum!"

Then I got all smarty pants and thought,"Maybe I can trick him into eating some spinach by incorporating small quantities into the kiwi mix." Clever. Chubbs clamped his mouth tightly shut the second he smelt the spinach. We tried to amuse him by sillying ourselves in the hopes of him smiling so I can shovel some food into his mouth. But my son has deviced a way of smiling and chuckling with his lips pursed. That was the end of the meal.


"I don't want no more!"


"I'd rather be eating my apple."