Friday, April 20, 2012

Purple Sweet Potatoes


Chubbs and I were having some of these gorgeously purple sweet potatoes for breakfast today, when I thought, why not let Mae have a taste of it? Sweet potatoes are packed with vitamins and fibre, and these purple ones have added anti-oxidents. So I mashed some up, mixed a little breast milk to thin the puree out, and she liked it. She ate a good tablespoonful of it, on top of her brown rice cereal, and was a purple-y mess. But the mistake that I made was that the puree wasn't smooth enough. Through the bites, she looked like she was struggling with the texture a bit. I ought to have strained it to make it silkier for her. I feel like a rookie mom again, since it was more than three years ago that I went through the weaning process for Chubbs.