Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Brown Rice Cereal


The little bug got her chompers on some yummy brown rice cereal and breast milk mix as part of breakfast today. I put off weaning her for a while because she was quite sick. Even though she is still very phlegmy and coughing, her nasal congestion has cleared a little, and I think she can manage a taste of semi-solids.

She loved her cereal! Although I'm sure all 6-month olds will, having had nothing but breast milk eight meals a day, for six months straight. She literally grabbed the spoon and bowl from my hands, almost spilling the contents. And she lunged greedily at every bite that was brought near her mouth. Most of the cereal ended up on her bib the first try, but I think she got the hang of it when I gave her some more in the evening. She gulped down most of her food. Good girl.

Chubbs helped to feed her!