Thursday, April 26, 2012

Papaya


Mae's extremely constipated. She hasn't gone in more than three days, and screams in pain every time she needs to pass even a little bit out. And she has this chesty, phlemgy cough that won't go away. I haven't slept in a week because she's waking herself up, coughing every other minute, and I have had to hold her upright, all night. It hasn't been fun. We brought her in to the clinic this morning for more medication and some suppositories, and the p.d. suggested some papaya to make the transition to semi-solids easier on her.

It was a really sweet Hawaiian papaya that I bought her, and I thought she'd love it to bits. But somehow, she prefers her bland, glue-like rice cereal! She barely tolerated the bright orange papaya puree, and labored to finish her portion. I remember Chubbs loved his rice cereal more than anything else too. I guess tasteless foods rule!