Sunday, December 20, 2009

Boys' Christmas Get-Together


In a bid to make Christmas fun for Chubbs, we invited some of our friends with kids over for a play session while the adults stuff their faces. Fuzzy brought the playpen down, and I set up what I called the "zone of fun", where you can't enter if you're not fun. Nicky, SH and A's son, took well to that, and opted to play in there, rather enjoying himself so.

Nicky and his Astro Boy pose.

Asher, S's darling, and Chubbs played with Nicky for a while, but soon realised that the "zone of fun" was not quite what it was hyped to be.


Asher busies himself with a spade, while Chubbs doodles.

Asher was very drawn to Chubbs' tennis racket; my baby was a little possessive at first, and cried when I asked him to let Asher have it. But he soon learnt that it was fun to share too, and Asher spent most of the time wildly waving the racket around.

Austin with racket- check out Asher eyeing it :)

Asher with racket- Nicky wanted none of the racket, and busied himself with Chubbs musical activity table instead.

I think the boys had fun, even though Nicky waned at the end from fatigue. Chubbs loved to play with Asher, who's just a few months younger, and kor-kor Nicky. Wish I had captured how he beamed when his friends first arrived. He gave each of them a hug before they left and was rather sad to see them go. But I promised that I'll try to do this more often for him, and he quietly waved and muttered bye-bye.

A blur picture of Chubbs hugging Nicky at the door.