Wednesday, December 9, 2009

15-Months and 1-Year Old!


15 reasons why we love Chubbs today.

1) He calls Fuzzy "da-ddy" in the sweetest voice imaginable.

2) He kisses me on my lips when I'm leaving his side, even for just a while, and says, "bye-bye".

3) When he hears my phone ringing, he covers his ear with his hand and says, "hai".

4) He woofs and waves at Jolie, our darling rottweiler. She barks back and wags her tail.

5) Chubbs is tubby at 11.8kg, based on U.S. growth charts, and even tubbier based on S'pore charts. Fuzzy has claimed ownership to this genetic make-up.

6) He smiles for the camera.

7) He has been non-stop trying new foods. His latest favourites are edamame and comte (a French hard cheese).

8) He has 8 teeth to gnaw on your shoulder with.

9) He loves visits to the ice-creamery. He gets a whole waffle cone all to himself (wish I had captured how he beamed when he receives his treat), and manages to put away more than half.
Still eating after we got home.

10) He hums to himself in the car.

11) He knows when he's doing something wrong, e.g. playing the the newspapers. He panics when I call for him, drops everything, and flees the scene.

12) He runs and hugs my knees when he gets startled/ scared, and asks me to carry him. Ditto for when he hurts himself.

13) He lifts my shirt and lies his head on my tummy for an hour each morning after waking.

14) He says, "Uh-oh" when he drops something.

15) He has this run-up-to-Christmas outfit.

As an aside, the blog turned one on 30th Nov! And I didn't realize it till now. A shout-out to everyone who has endured my random thoughts, stuck with us through our downs and shared our joys in parenthood, marriage, and eats over the past year. To those from home, the States, Hong Kong, Canada, Australia, the U.K., Vietnam... thank you for tuning in. I love writing, and it's an added bonus that you guys read me. Cheers!