Monday, June 6, 2011

The Things He Says...


Chubbs is one who, five seconds upon opening his eyes in the morning, would be pulling up a book, and demanding that I read it to him, whether I'm still asleep or not. Sometimes, he'd head straight for his Matchbox cars even before he can shake off the grogginess to walk in a straight line.

It's such an endearing trait to Fuzzy and I, that I've taken note of Chubbs' first words each morning. Here's what I heard upon being woken up every morning this week.

"Mommy, can I pull you down to my bed?"

"Can you sing me the Thomas theme song?"

"Mommy, where's Daddy?"

"Baby... baby... baby..." He then reached under my shirt to put his hand on my big tummy, and we cuddled for 30-min that way. It's a rarity for him to stay in bed for so long after waking.

"Can I watch TV at the sofa?"

"I want to tickle your armpits!" I get this from him quite a lot, and it baffles me all the time.

Cheery and cheeky in his jammies just moments after waking up; bed-hair still evident.