Friday, January 21, 2011

It Has Begun


Barely two weeks after starting school, Chubbs took his first sick day. His nose has been stuffy since Wednesday, but there was no fever, cough, etc. However last night, his condition worsened so much that he could barely lift his head or walk. He ran a fever last night, and complained of ear ache, and he fell into deep sleep the second his head hit the pillow. Another boy in his class, has been sick for two days with the same symptoms too, because they've been sharing Goldfish crackers. I've mentioned to the teacher that food-sharing should not be allowed because germs spread all the more faster with the help of saliva-coated fingers.

So today, he stayed home with me, and he was very chuffed about that. Even though he has enjoyed school so far, he misses me very much during those couple of hours, and cries everyday when I drop him off. So I make sure that I'm one of the first to pick him up everyday. This is what he says everyday once he wraps his arms around my neck, "Mommy, I missed you. I was looking for you. Can we go home now?"

The first half of today passed leisurely, and I really miss the times I spent with him alone at home. He drew on his new Ikea easel and ate a proper lunch (he never eats any of the lunch provided in school). He also taking his first nap in months, as I type this. Hope the rest will help him recover, and he'll be back in the school playground on Monday.

Daddy's drawing of a rocket on the left, and Chubbs' on the right.