Sunday, January 16, 2011

Happiness Can be Found at Infuzi


Last night, our very kind friend, JW, bought us dinner at one of my favorite restaurants, Infuzi. It's owned by an old friend, Purdey, and we always have delicious meals there, like this other time. He was so little then, Purdey can't get over how fast he's growing up.

We stuck to the classics, and Fuzzy and JW ordered foie gras to start, and I chose the scallop carpaccio. The shellfish was so tender and sweet, it melted in my mouth. It went perfectly with the subtle but aromatic black truffle dressing. The boys enjoyed their duck liver very much, because it was crisp on the outside, and melting and unctuous on the inside; beautiful with sips of red wine in between.

A large portion of foie gras for the hubby.

Scallop carpaccio with truffle vinaigrette.

Call us boring, but all of us had the Maine lobster pasta for our main course. I just can't stay away from this! Fresh, sweet, succulent, crunchy lobster pieces, with noodles doused in such flavoursome oil... I close my eyes and dream away. I always tell Purdey that this is my death row dish, and she always says, "Choi!"

The very predictable order of Maine lobster pasta in lobster oil, with extra noodles.

The souffle is a must here, just because not many places even offer this. And the few places that offer this, don't quite do it as well. It's a great way to end the meal because I don't leave feeling bloated, my sweet tooth is definitely satiated, and I WANT MORE!

Coffee souffle with chocolate ice-cream.

Purdey very kindly handed Chubbs a bowl of vanilla bean ice-cream, and I asked him whether he wanted chocolate or vanilla, and he said, "I want both." And so he greedily slurped them up.


Purdey and Chef Freddie run this restaurant like a well-oiled machine. It's French classics at it's best, with immaculate service, but you'll be paying just a fraction compared to the big guns out there. I love that it's located in the lush, green surroundings of the Biopolis, and even when it was full-house, like when we ate there, it's still a quaint, quiet place to dine. So when you're looking to treat yourself and some loved ones, give them a call.