Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Yet Another Year Older


I've haven't been into birthday celebrations recently because I don't like to be reminded that I'm inching towards the big 3-0! The past birthdays have been kept very simple with just dinner with the immediate family (if at all). But this year was strangely but refreshingly different. I had:-

1) Dinner with my dad, brother (my mum was ill), Fuzzy and Chubbs at CMPB- great wine, the yummiest mushroom and truffle oil pasta, crispy deep-fried chicken wings and huge desserts.


2) Dinner No. 2 (after dinner with my dad and brother) with girlfriends at P.S. Cafe-lots of laughs over drinks, a cheese platter, truffle fries and rich chocolate cake. What more can we ask for?

A very thoughtful gift from my gal, Shu; Nigella's newest cookbook! Woot!

Cheryl and I.

The girls thinking of what to order for dinner, at 10.30pm.

3) A lovely, quiet lunch and ice-cream by the river with just Fuzzy and Chubbs (literally, because we were the only ones in the restaurant).

Waiting for our food.

Pointing out to a boat.

Chubbs and Buzz checking out Christmas displays.

Ice-cream!!!

Then he moved on to the cone.

4) Lunch with Fuzzy and Chubbs at Chiharu- the best Japanese a la carte buffet in town. The sushi is outstanding.


5) Dinner with Fuzzy's family, plus cake-cutting at home. Chubbs was practising singing, "Happy Birthday to Mommy!" all day :)

Fuzzy very happily made sure that the many, many candles could be seen clearly.

Chuubs loves his Great-GrandAunts; playing with No. 5.

Hugging No. 4.

Caught licking off the cake knife.

It was a full, but lovely weekend of good eats and great company. Thank you everyone, for making this birthday a fabulous one.