Monday, November 1, 2010

My Favourite Lunch


I do not consider the process of making this recipe as cooking; it's simply an assembly job (just the way I like to "cook"). But it's fabulous. So fabulous that I eat this lunch every other day and would feel guiltily selfish if I didn't share the recipe. So I'm finally getting down to telling you about this jazzed up guacamole of avocado, salsa and tuna, that tastes delicious smeared on anything.

Ingredients for one person:
1 heaped tablespoonful of jarred spicy salsa (I use Tostitos- hot)
1/4 tin of tuna (I like chunks in water)
1/2 an avocado (finely diced)
pinch of pepper
a handful of chopped corriander/spring onion- optional
juice of half a lime- optional

Mix everything together as haphazardly as you like, and you have a healthy, nourishing, cost-effective lunch in 5-min! It's even great to pack as a work lunch, as long as you give it a generous squeeze of lime and leave the avocado pit in (prevents the avocado from browning). The Atkinites out there could scoop all the creamy goodness up with celery sticks/ carrot batons/ cucumber rings. But I'm a carbo fiend (I've long accepted the fact that I can never be a Whitney Port/ Cameron Diaz size 2), and my choice carrier of the luscious dip is simple wholemeal toast, or as featured today, a crunchy-toasted wholemeal pita. On top of that, I had half an ear of corn, a cup of white tea, and a just-baked chocolate cupcake (typing it all out makes it look like a horrific amount of food :/). The best part about lunch was that I ate everything on the carpet on my bedroom floor while Chubbs' napping; I'm currently a very happy Mommy :)