Monday, May 10, 2010

Polliwogs and Korean BBQ Once Again


After Chubbs' last encounter with Polliwogs, Fuzzy and I have come to the realization that agility isn't our son's strongest suit. He was never a crawler. He was cruising, i.e. walking while holding on to things, since he could fathom the concept of it. He never put one knee in front of the other as a form of getting from Point A to B. Maybe because of this, he's not extremely good with balancing, because he needs to keep his body low, and that doesn't come naturally to him. He's probably thinking, "Why use four limbs when you can use two? I'm much too practical and energy efficient for that." Haha. Me and my silly musings.

So I've started "training" use his body and hands, and not just his legs. Like showing him how to crawl under the arch of his slide, go over pillows on the ground, climb onto his rocking horse, etc. I'm happy to report that the training's been going well. This visit to Polliwogs, he was braver, more daring with the stairs and slides, and was able to manoeuvre the obstacles much more fluidly. I was very proud of my boy. And I could tell he was very proud of himself too.

Raising his arms and shouting, "Yay!" He was raring to go.

Yelling for me from way above. "MOMMEEE!"

Taking time out to mess with the arcade machines.

We were hungry for dinner after the workout of chasing Chubbs around for a couple of hours. We've already decided beforehand to having a Korean BBQ buffet at Ju Shin Jung. Once bitten, twice shy? NOT! I didn't exactly enjoy everything the last time around, but I thought since this was a buffet of grilled meats, I could stuff my face with nothing but meat, and not have to bother with the monotonous tasting side dishes. It was great! I enjoyed every bite of slightly charred pork belly (chunks of unctuous fatty goodness), marinated pork rib (our favourite), and pork collar wrapped in raw vegetable parcels. Mega delish.

Appetisers that are not so appetising to me :/

Chubbs playing "cook-cook"; one of his favourite past-times.

Very happily wiping his face and hair with an ice-cold and wet towel at the end.