Monday, April 19, 2010

Boys and Their Toys


Chubbs received a Tonka portable fire station as a gift sometime back. The little one was very happy when I finally opened his new toy. The set included a fire truck, to add to the other five Tonka vehicles Chubbs has been playing with. So now, he has a yellow school bus, a purple tow truck, a white ice-cream van, a green tractor, a red ambulance, and the fire truck. I've grown to love Tonka trucks because the amount of detail that goes into the aesthetics of each truck is amazing, they zoom around really well, and they are small enough for me to pack the entire posse into my handbag for Chubbs' entertainment on-the-go.

Fuzzy and Chubbs had a good time playing with the three-storey fire station, which features a helipad, a truck lift, a slide for the truck, and a platform that swivels from the third floor to the ground floor with the fire truck on it. It's a pretty cool toy.

The funniest/ best part for me was when Chubbs tried to slide down the fire slide. I had a good laugh when he wouldn't give up and kept trying. Guess he figured if he could slide his trucks down his big boy slide, he could play on theirs too. It's only fair.

Truck on his slide.

Him on truck's slide.

Chilling out with Daddy in front of the TV after playing. I love how he rests his small foot on Daddy's.