Friday, February 19, 2010

Feeling Low


I haven't written in a while. Wouldn't exactly call it a rut, but I'm definitely feeling low these days. Maybe it's because I haven't been able to sleep for the past few weeks; amongst many more reasons. The teenage-hood insomnia seems to have come back to haunt me. I lay in bed for hours everynight, with Sarah McLachlan's lyrics playing over and over, "I'm so tired, but I can't sleep. Standing on the edge of something much too deep. It's funny how we feel so much, but cannot say a word. We are screaming inside, but we can't be heard." Songs are musical poetry; and I love how I can always find one that perfectly sings of how I'm feeling at anytime.

Nonetheless, I have lots of writing to catch up with, because we've had quite a few exciting days over the past week, and Chubbs has had a ball; even though he was very fatigued from the events. I'm thankful for this blog because it pushes me to get off my *ss and do something productive even though I have so much on my mind, and I feel like doing nothing more than lie in bed and wallow. Until I get my act together, here are some CNY shots.

Playing with his young aunts at reunion dinner.

Climbing the slope at Fuzzy's Godparents'.

Durian tree at Fuzzy's Godparents'.