Saturday, February 13, 2010

6 Rackets


I'm so proud of my hubby for suggesting to Shan to book a court for some post-dinner Thursday night tennis. Great start to getting back in shape! We know it's been a long time since Fuzzy stepped on court because he couldn't find his racket, his tennis shoes, nor his socks. Ahem.

We rushed through dinner to make it on time, and brought along 5 rackets for us (Fuzzy claimed this was necessary because we didn't know the integrity of the strings), and one for little Chubbs. Shan was kind enough to do some pro bono coaching for me, and Fuzzy helped me refresh some basics. Shan's golden nugget of advice for the night was, "You have to move so that the ball gets diagonally in front of you, before you hit it." I said, "Does that mean that I have to run?" The answer, "Generally, yes." Oh well :/

Chubbs had a blast watching his Daddy and Sam-sook hit back and forth, and whacking the tennis balls with his little green racket and sometimes with Daddy's racket too.

His favourite part though, was being a water-boy. And he did a great job at that, constantly fetching the rather heavy Coleman for Sam-sook and making him drink even when he wasn't thirsty; just because he found the idea of someone drinking from a spout, novel. We coined it water-torture.

A great, healthy night it was! And I can't wait to be able to play again because I need a lot more practise. Right now, I don't consider myself playing tennis yet; I'm just hitting balls. But don't fret, by next year, Chubbs and I will be able to play doubles with Daddy and Sam-sook :)