Sunday, August 12, 2012

Our First Hike With Two Kids


This morning, we packed the kids up, together with the harnesses, and headed to Bukit Timah for our first hike since having little Mae join the gang.

I carried Mae in the Baby Bjorn and the hubby took our 17 plus kilos Chubbs. It was quite a weight for Fuzzy, considering the harness itself weight two kilos, plus the boy, plus our water bottles. We trudged ahead and tackled the initial super steep climb head-on. I was gasping like crazy from the get-go. Mae weights almost 10kg now. Bringing the both of us up that slope is no joke. Plus, the Baby Bjorn was constricting my diaphragm and I couldn't take deep enough breaths. The hubby bravely hiked on, even though I know it must have been so tough.

I never felt so relieved and proud to reach the summit. Chubbs hiked down and had a lot of fun doing it. My knees are aching now, but I think it was great fun nonetheless. Will definitely do it again the next time we get a chance.