Saturday, October 1, 2011

She's Almost Here!


Went for a gynea appointment today, and turns out, the little bulb is turned head down, lodged low in my pelvis and ready for her big meet and greet. I'm just 36 weeks preggers, and I'm aiming to keep her in for at least another week, until she is full term at 37 weeks. Hang in there, and just chill out, my little one.

Meanwhile, Chubbs is surprisingly doing very well with Mei-mei's pending arrival. He falls asleep with one hand on my tummy every night, his way of hugging baby. Plus, he has "gotten" her a birthday gift to welcome her into the family. He asked me tonight before sleeping, why Mei-mei has no clothes on, and whether Mei-mei will be able to spin toys (he loves spinning his toys like tops), and if she can create drumbeats like he can. Endless cute questions, that make me just smile lovingly at him, and give him the biggest hug possible.

Despite my whale-like girth now, I've been trying to keep up with daily responsibilities like supermarketing, driving to and from school, bringing Chubbs out and about, running errands, cooking, baking, feeding him, etc. But I'm reminding myself to slow down now, that baby's ready to pop out any moment, and try to put my feet up as much as possible, because there'll be lack of sleep and fatigue to the point of hallucination once she arrives.

I'm also kept up with the fun dates with Chubbs. More often that not, we head out for an afternoon treat of ice-cream. He loves these times spent with Mommy, and it's especially sweet when he gets a whole scoop and waffle cone to himself, and very regularly, part of my share too.

Enjoying his Cookie Monster from Daily Scoop.

So guys, it's anytime now; a new addition to the Woos. Watch this space.