Sunday, August 7, 2011

Our 2 1/2- Hour Walk




Fuzzy, Chubbs, and I took a long walk along the Southern Ridges route, from Hort Park, all the way past Henderson Walk and back. Took us more than 2 1/2- hours because Chubbs walked along with us, without stroller, and I had to take things easy as well.

When I suggested the walk to Fuzzy, I didn't realise how hard-going it would be for me. I had forgotten that I had a low-lying placenta during this pregnancy; which means I have a lot more pressure on my pelvis than a regular pregnancy. Every step taken with my huge belly was a challenge. There's an endless urge to pee, and the pressure and discomfort forced me to tread very lightly and slowly. Nonetheless, I was glad we made the trip because Chubbs had an awesome time. And he walked more than 3/4 of the way, only complaining of aches in his legs at the end.

He enjoyed the sights along the way, such as a very tall durian tree with lots of hanging fruit, both the beautiful bridges we crossed (he called them dinosaurs) and the monkeys who joined us at the end.

Pointing at the durians on the tree.

Putting his feet in the yellow foot-prints.

Playing on the bridge at Henderson.

Resting in Daddy's arms.

Crossing the final bridge. "We did it!"