Thursday, July 14, 2011

Transportation-Themed School Excursion


For their excursion this term, Chubbs' school planned a transportation-themed trip for them. It started with a coach ride to Tanah Merah MRT station, then they took the MRT to Changi Airport, rode the Skytrain in between terminals, and then a coach ride back to school after they've had lunch.

The kids were thrilled, beaming ear to ear. And I think it was a first for some of them to be riding a huge coach. Chubbs was so hyper the whole trip because he rarely gets the chance to be out with his teachers and all his friends. But it was a huge effort keeping up with him with my 7-months preggers tummy. As a result, he was running wild, 50-100m ahead of me half the time :(

He talked about his day for a long time before he fell asleep. It was such a good trip not only because he got to ride on many forms of transportation, but also because he had his classmates to enjoy the day with. I'd say a very successful day out for this kids, even though I felt dead beat upon reaching home. Really wished I could just sit and vegetate for a while; guess the pregnancy has started to take its toll on me.

Strapped in by a very ineffective seat-belt on the coach.

Waiting not-quite-so patiently for the MRT at Tanah Merah.