Thursday, July 28, 2011

Mr. Fix-It


Since I've become preggos, I've been trying to teach Chubbs to play on his own, or rather to be less dependent on me to entertain him. Because when baby arrives, I'll definitely be more strapped for time, and I don't want him to feel that I'm suddenly paying him less attention. He's been coping well with the "weaning", and it's been so delightful for me to watch him play independently.

He's been watching and learning from Fuzzy and his Tai-Gong on how to use tools for a long time now. This afternoon, when I was resting my aching lower back in a chair, and he was playing with his toys, I noticed that he had fallen quieter than usual. I looked up and saw him taking apart an entire train, using a screw-driver, which he found to match the size of the screws. I watched him the whole time, as he took apart the train, and slowly tried to piece it back again. The entire process took almost 30-min. I couldn't resist discreetly snapping shots along the way.